Monday, December 22, 2008

12/22 long run

I wanted to get a long run in today because I didn't do one over the weekend. I was hoping the snow would let up so I may be able to get outside...but no such luck. I think Kalamazoo is under a weather advisory until sometime this afternoon. My schedule said 18 so I was trying to figure out a way to get that done inside at the athletic center by my inlaw's house. They have a jogging track, and it's 8 laps around per a mile. So I could do a ton of circles...or a treadmill...or both. I decided to go with both. I ran 8 miles on the treadmill first. The first 2 miles were warm up pace and then I settled in at 7:40 pace. After 8 miles and a water break I started running on the jogging track. I was going to go 6 hard miles there, and then cool down for 4 on the treadmill. I actually settled into a nice rythm on the track and ran 6 miles in 40 minutes...so I was going around 6:40 pace. Then I decided to just cool down on the track too...so 32 laps later I was done with the workout. Total miles: 18...avg pace of 7:19. I feel accomplished and can't wait to get back to Texas so I can run outside!

pluses: time with family

minuses: can't get outside

No comments: