Saturday, December 13, 2008

12/13 long run

I met up with the Austin Marathon group this morning, planning on cutting the course short with Steve and running around 12 to 13. We went out pretty fast and I was having some trouble finding a rythm. When we got into the hills I finally settled in and was feeling strong (well as strong as I thought I should for Ladero Norte). I actually had never run on most of these roads so I didn't know what to expect which was probably a good thing. Steve and I caught up to two guys who are training for Houston and settled in with them for most of the rest of the run. One glitch that came up was Steve tore off the part of the map he thought we didn't need...then he got greedy and decided we were going 16. We ended up picking up the pace again for the last several miles...mainly to keep people in sight so we knew where we were going :) All in all, it was a good run. The pace felt challenging but not too tough. The final distance ended up being 16.8 and we averaged under 8 minute pace. I think the Houston guys said they ended up with 2:11 which would be about 7:48 miles. We started after them and finished before them...so we were somewhere below that. It was definitely faster than I would've run if I had been by myself...but I feel good about it. Just need to keep clicking with things to get ready for the program to start in January!

pluses: nice weather; good coach

minuses: paper writing ALL day

1 comment:

Mark said...

Well, it was nice to meet you, nice of Laura to introduce me to you, but, yup!, you ran it faster with Steve than you would have with me! So I'm glad you found him:)