Sunday, December 14, 2008

12/14 greenbelt run

I've lived in Austin about two and a half years now and today was my first time to run on the greenbelt trails. I don't know why I've never done it before...I guess just because I never knew where I was going, etc. Brian has been mountain biking down there a few times so he was the navigator today. Since we signed up for Bandera we decided it'd be smart to run on trails a few times just to get used to it before the 25k. Brian hasn't run in awhile, and I am sore for yesterdays "hills to heaven" run...so we took it pretty easy. We went out 20 minutes then just came back the same way. I really enjoyed being out there. It's a nice change from the normal pounding on the roads. I think Brian liked it more than just being on the roads too. I'd say we went about 4 to 4.5 miles which puts me at 56 for the week. That's more than I was planning on...but oh well. I know it'll be a little harder to get everything in over the few weeks since we'll be in Kalamazoo and then in Mason...so I figured I'd go hard through Thursday of next week and then probably have a bit of a dip in the training.

pluses: time with Brian, Christmas party for teens tonight

minuses: 9 pages to go on paper

No comments: