Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/16 long run

I'm leaving for Michigan on Thursday so I'm trying to front-load my week with mileage because I know it will be harder to get a lot of running in on the trip. I met up with Cindy at 5:30 at the Springs and we jogged about 3 1/2 miles. Then we met up with Tim, Angie, and Grant to do the 7 mile loop at the lake. Cindy and I kept going and added on a few extra miles, so we ended up with around 14.5 miles. I was hoping to get in 16 but was so cold, then once Cindy was ready to stop because she had to get going...I stopped too...oops :( My left calf/achilles is still kind of tight but I'm sure that's because my "recovery" yesterday was not that at all. I'm not 100% sure of our time today because I didn't start my watch (surprise) but we were around 1:55 for the run which would put us right under 8 minute miles. I really do need to take it easy tomorrow. I enjoyed running with a group today. I'm ready for warm weather.

pluses: lunch with a friend and dinner with more friends

minuses: cold! car said 29 after the run...

No comments: