Wednesday, February 18, 2009

lakeway run

I've gotten into the routine of meeting up with Cindy in Lakeway on Wednesdays for a nice change of scenery and good company. This morning we did a different route where we ended up on trails for most of the run. It was nice because my legs are not feeling great. They aren't bad, but my hamstring still feels really tight. We ran for 80 minutes and we did about half trails (Lakeway portion of the greenbelt) and half roads. I'd guess we got in around 9 miles. I'm hoping my hamstring is in the process of recovering, but I'm not feeling too confident about that. I'm going to see Marc at South Congress tomorrow so we can work on some different exercises to help strengthen my hamstrings and then maybe I'll get some massage work done too to see if I can nip this thing in the bud. I don't want to miss out on too many team workouts but if I don't get this taken care of I know I'll suffer more in the long term.

pluses: awesome weather

minuses: volunteer issues

No comments: