Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/3 ML run

Today's run was tough. I felt like I was hanging on from the back the whole time. I started out kind of slow. I'm still feeling Sunday's long run/marathon PR run with Steve. I forgot my watch today so I didn't have any idea of pace. I do know that every time I was about to let the front pack go, we'd hit a light and I'd catch up and decide to stick with them again. I was able to close which was nice, but I am definitely ready for a real recovery day tomorrow. Based on Ken's GPS, I'd say I ran around 15 miles (a bit more) and averaged around 7:10-7:15 pace. Like I said, it was tough...but considering the paces of the last few runs I'm not surprised with how I felt. I am starting to get a little worried that I'm ramping mileage and pace too much. I'm about 90 seconds per a mile faster on every run that I'm doing compared to my San Antonio training. I don't want to try to do too much too soon and end up hurt so I may need to reevaluate. The good news is that I got my longest run of the week done today so there is some recovery in sight.

pluses: productive day at church

minuses: sore finger, tight hamstring

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

FOOL! I wish I could run that fast :) Good job on not letting them ditch you!! Hang on, hang on! I can't wait to see what you do in Boston.

(Sorry i didn't get your FOOL msg on FB, I must have signed out before getting it.)