Thursday, February 12, 2009

2/12 on my own

I decided against the team steady state run this morning. I was worried about going too fast and I also was looking forward to a few extra hours of sleep. I slept in until 7 and then headed to Rogue to get my run in. I ran to the Austin HS track to do some 200s. Basically the purpose was just to stride and out and get some turnover going. Also, I wanted to test my hamstring out and see if it is going to be ok for Sunday. All in all, everything felt good. I didn't feel particularly fast, but nothing hurt. I did 8 200 strides with a 200 recovery jog between each one. Then I headed to the trail towards mopac and headed back to Rogue via the trail. I think I ended up with about 8.5 miles or so. I wasn't really going for mileage or time...just testing out the legs today. They passed and I hope I'm ready for Sunday!

pluses: house is clean, dinner w/ friends tonight

minuses: lack of motivation at work

No comments: