Thursday, February 19, 2009

2/19 tempo run

I was a little disappointed to find out we'd be doing the Enfield 4 mile loop for the tempo run. It was basically a repeat of the course from Sunday...but oh well. I wasn't sure what pace I'd be shooting for because of the current hamstring issues. My splits were as follows:
6:28
6:06
6:41
6:06
Not exactly consistent, but consistent with the course and the way I feel. The first mile was slow...basically taking time to warm up the hamstring. The next mile I felt a little more in the grove, then I hit the Enfield hills. They weren't bad but I was a bit hesitant to take them too hard. Then I picked it up again on Expo and back to the lake. Partly because I felt better, and partly because Ramon was coming up on me :) Then we did some 200s which were sub-par. The big question at hand now is if I need to take some time off to let me hamstring heal. It doesn't feel like it's getting worse but I can say with certainty it is not getting better. I am going to see Mark today at South Congress and see what he suggests and then I'll go from there.

pluses: low key day, time with Brian this evening

minuses: lost the spring in my step (or run)

No comments: