Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/5 tempo

Today was my first attempt at speed since SA. I have run some fast miles here and there when I've closed on runs...but I haven't set out at the beginning of a run with a plan to run fast until today. I was thinking I'd try to run around 6:20 pace for the four mile tempo...but then decided the best plan may just be to sit behind Larry and Ken and get comfortable with their pace...and just hold it. I was semi-successful at that. I was a little slow on the 3rd mile. That's when I started to feel my hamstring tighten up. I should've been a bit more mentally tough then because in reality running a mile or two 10 seconds slower isn't going to prevent any injury on my hammy. Anyways, my best guess on my spilts is as follows:
mile 1: 5:50
mile 2: 6:10
mile 3: 6:16
mile 4: 6:08

Overall it was a good run. I didn't feel too bad at the end. This run does make 6:30 pace for the Austin 1/2 seem a little bit more reasonable...but it's a whole different terrain so we'll see.

I need to be careful with my hamstring and really take it easy between now and next Sunday. That means no more closing!!

pluses: time with 5th graders

minuses: tired

1 comment:

MW said...

"And really take it easy between now and next Sunday. That means no more closing!!"

I'll believe it when i see it, Mrs. I just have to run with the big dogs. i just HAVE to!!

; )