Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2/25 recovery run in lakeway

I met up with Cindy and her friend Lorena today in Lakeway. I hadn't met Lorena before but enjoyed getting to know her and chatting with Cindy on the run. The weather was pretty nice, a little humid though. I've gotten into a good Wed routine of getting to South Congress in the morning to get my weight workout in, then coming out to Lakeway to run before heading in to Church for the rest of the day. Wednesday always seems to be my hardest day to get motivated to run. I feel like I hit a slump in the middle of the week and usually want to take the day off, but so far I haven't given in to that temptation this season. Knowing that I have plans to meet someone makes it a lot easier to make sure I actually do run. The only downside of Lakeway is that there are a lot of hills. It's pretty to run out here because the houses are awesome, you can see a lot of Lake Travis, there are greenbelt trails, and it's a different scene than the regular Rogue routes...but the hills get a little old on recovery days. We ended the run right under 8min pace. My legs are feeling better. My hamstring feels fine now but I haven't really "pushed" it. I don't think I'm going to until I need to.

pluses: great weather, UT bball game tonight

minuses: have to go to HEB today :(

No comments: