Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2/16 & 2/17 recovery

Yesterday I went out on the greenbelt for an easy 5 with Mike and Karma. It was easy as in we ran slow...but that was the only easy part about it. I felt like I couldn't stride out at all b/c my right hamstring is pretty jacked up. I enjoyed the weather and the company, but other than that there isn't anything positive to say about the run.

Based on yesterday's run, I thought today would be pretty ugly. It wasn't great, but wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I averaged about 8 minute pace on the way out. I was debating doing 10-14 miles, just depending on if my hamstring loosened up. It felt pretty bad at first but finally right before the turn around it started to loosen up. The second half of the run was all around 7:20 pace. It felt good to be moving a little quicker, but I did feel like if I picked it up any more than that I would've killed the hammy again. Good news is I got in a decent amount of mileage (13.75 total). Slow and easy for the next week and hopefully I'll be back to 100%. I feel like I'm in a little bit of a running funk right now but I don't think I'll be successful in getting out of it until my legs are 100%. It's hard for me to be patient with an injury when really all I want to do is work twice as hard as before to make up for my lack of execution on Sunday.

pluses: time with Laura

minuses: weather

2 comments:

MW said...

how was today's weather a minus?
that light misty mist was great. kept me cool all the way through!

you crazy!

kristenbaucher said...

it was a minus because it made me cranky. then other things about the run made me more cranky....so I was angry for most of the morning...but I'm better now :)