Friday, January 9, 2009

review of the 25th year of my life

In general, I'm not a big fan of new years resolutions or evaluating the past year, but last night Brian and I were talking about this last year of my life and I was really struck by how many things happened. Some were amazing, and some not so amazing. I usually just write about running stuff in this blog, but I thought I'd take it a step further today and hit some of the highs and lows of some of the things that I experienced this last year!
In the 25th year of my life I
-got engaged
-got married
-became a homeowner
-became an aunt (by marriage)
-travelled to Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Italy, and Jamaica
-made hard long term commitments and decisions
-went to a funeral of a teen
-did not touch a basketball
-was transformed
-met goals only to determine that higher goals were still to come
-ran three marathons ranging from 3:42 to 3:08
-lost ten pounds
-starting sitting on an exercise ball at work
-cried because I was scared
-changed my last name
-moved
-joined Rogue
-fell in love with running for the first time
-made new friends
-was celebrated

I am sure there are a lot of other things that happened in this last year but those are the things that surfaced most quickly. I had a wonderful year. I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for this next year. I am blessed!

1 comment:

Julia said...

You had a great year! Well deserved because you are a great young woman! I am glad we became friends this year... makes my year more of a great year too!!