Saturday, January 17, 2009

easy day in waco

I'm in Waco for a huge youth conference for most of the Catholic Churches in Central Texas. The final count we got on registration was 1322. Wow. I came up early to help set up the convention center which involved getting on a 50ft lift to hang stars from the ceiling, setting up fog machines, stage props, etc...I'm really not in to arts and crafst so it wasn't really my idea of fun...but I think the finished product is a good one. Yesterday I snuck away from my duties to go for a shake out run. I ran 5 miles or so around the Baylor campus. It wasn't really a pretty run. The weather was overcast and their campus isn't too scenic. My legs didn't feel too bad. They're really tired and my left IT band is tight...but not too horrible. I am taking today off for sure. Yesterday completed 15 straight days of running for me. I think that a PR. I will be short on mileage if I don't get a run in tomorrow...but I think I'm ok with that. We have to be up in the convention center at 7am and my guess is I'll be up late tonight with the teens. Tomorrow is Brian's bday so I soon as I get back from Waco I'll be with him and most likely won't get a run in. I think this weekend is coming at a good time though because I need a few days off. My goal will be to hit 80 next week then I'll have another down week due to travelling. Back to the teens!

pluses: great turn out

minuses: nutrition, lack of sleep

No comments: