Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/6 first day back w/ the team

I started out a little bummed when Angie called me at 4:45 to ask if I was going to practice because it was cold and raining. I knew it'd be cold, but I hoped it wouldn't be raining. I decided I'd go ahead and get my run out of the way early, despite the rain. I was excited to see everyone on the team and knew I had a lot to get done today so I figured an early run would be best. I started out the run with Kamran, Larry, Chris, Steve, Ramon, and head-phones girl (sorry I don't know her name!). We were going at a pretty good pace but I felt really comfortable the whole time. Eventually we got a bit spread out and people took there own courses since not everyone is going the same mileage now. For most of the second half of the run it was me and Kamran. The wind started blowing harder and the rain came harder too, so I was glad for the company. Overall, we were at a 7:20 pace for 14 miles. I felt good. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is making me feel good on certain days and horrible on others. I ran almost a minute per a mile faster today than yesterday and but in 6 more miles and felt 100x better. I thought today would actually be a rough day because I got <4 hours of sleep and had pizza and woodchuck for dinner last night...so sleep and nutrition were at a D-, but then I felt fine today...definitely can't figure this one out!

pluses: i have a nice warm house to come home to

minuses: sleep, or lack there of

No comments: