Saturday, January 24, 2009

1/24 long run

I went out for my longest run since SA today. I met up with the crew at 6:15am for an 8 mile route before joining up with the Austin half group at 7:30am for another 14. Overall, it wasn't a bad run. It was pretty windy which got tough at times but I felt relatively good for most of the run. We averaged 7:15 pace for the whole thing. I was pushing a little more than I maybe should have been for most of the run but I have kind of gotten used to doing that on long runs. When I was training for SA I ran my long runs significantly slower than MGP. I was hoping to run 7:18 as mgp for that race...and my long runs were probably about a minute or more slower than that. Now I'm hoping MGP is somewhere below 7 (maybe 6:45ish) and so I'm trying to keep my long runs within 30 seconds of that. I'm not sure where that plan came from...but for now 7:15 pace seems to be a pace which feels like an effort but I can hold it so it isn't bad. Anyways, now I just need to take care of my knee. It started to hurt after a few miles and tightened up at every water stop. Then it just starts to swell after I run which isn't a good sign. I'm going to talk to Mark again on Monday and see if he has any suggestions.

pluses: good run, time with teens today

minuses: not enough sleep!

No comments: