Thursday, January 22, 2009

1/22 rollingwood

We ran a new route this morning which was pretty hilly. From the second my alarm went off, I've been kind of all over the place. Physically, emotionally, etc...

My knee is still bothering me but I'm going to get that worked on after lunch today so that should help. I started out the run a little behind the pack. I'm tired. Probably due to the increase of speed and mileage, but I think it has a lot to do with the lack of sleep. I've been getting 5-6 hours a night and that just isn't going to cut it. Last night I didn't get home from Emmaus until 10pm so that makes it hard to get in bed early for the 5:30am workouts. Anyways, I let up on pace a little and ran with Keith and John for a bit. They were cruising too...but I didn't want to run by myself. Then they turned back at 10. My original plan was to go 14 but I saw that fading fast. So I was on some random dark road by myself for awhile when Ken, Bruce, Mike, and Jason appeared. I cut the route short (only by about a quarter mile I think) to turn around and run back with them. I'd rather be short on mileage then run in an area I'm not familiar with. I'm a big baby when it comes to running in the dark. They continued to run a little faster than I wanted to. Finally on the way back in Mike and I cut over to the trail for some actual easy pace running. That was nice. I had our overall pace at 7:38. It's weird how today felt just as hard as Tuesday where I averages sub 7's. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something...

pluses: time to take a nap today; time with 5th graders

minuses: a lot to do around the house

1 comment:

MW said...

Look at that parrot predictor!
nice!