Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/15 long run

I had to get in my long run today because I'm about to leave for Waco for our Diocesan Youth Conference. My original plan was to run 12 with the crew and then when I got back to rogue, turn around and run back to the trail for the 7 mile loop and then head back to the store. That would have put my at 21. When I learned that we were finishing the route on teh trail and Waller, I decided to change plans. I had no desire to run up the trail and Waller to the store and then turn around and run back....just think it'd be kind of hard mentally. It turns out Kevin and Chris were going 16...so I just ran with them and then when I got to the Mopac bridge I did an out and back on Lake Austin Blvd to the boat docks which should've added 4 miles. I'm still waiting to get some confirmation on the route distance and if it was accurate...because if so I was flying on the back half. Ruth said that she's almost positive it was accurate distance wise (I'm in Progress, so is she...so I just asked). So my total pace for the run was 6:48. I knew I picked up on the out and back on LAB and tried to close on the trail. When I got to Waller I thought about slowing but realized I was on pace for a pretty quick 20 miler so I kept up the pace. I tried out some of Meredith's nutrition advice on today's run. I added a banana to my morning routine and then took two electrolyte pills before the run. I took one Gu at 1:20. I was planning to take it at 1hr but we were still kind of far from a bathroom and I had to pee really bad so I didn't want to drink a lot of water to wash down the Gu. So the first Gu came at the Mopac bridge water stop after a bathroom stop by the tennis courts. I took another electrolyte pill then. After about 5 more miles I took one more Gu with some water by the 1st street bridge. I think the Gu made a difference because I felt pretty depleted before the run. I am SO ready for a day off. I may try to run out some soreness tomorrow and then take Saturday off, just depending on how things in Waco go.

pluses: time today would've placed well at Georgetown 20 miler

minuses: have to drive to Waco

1 comment:

MW said...

Hi!
Not to be a party pooper, because you ran well, but Mopac bridge to hula hut parking entrance is 1 mile. So maybe you added another 1/4 or 1/3 of a mile
More over to the boat doc?
Good job anyway!