Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/14 HILLS!

I bailed on the early morning run again today and went for the mid-afternoon sunny run. My car said 60 when I started. The weather was awesome. I had a meeting with Meredith today to talk about some nutrition so I decided to run in her neighborhood. I used to live in an apartment pretty close to there so I was familiar with the area. I put together an outer and inner loop that added up to 12.5 miles of basically all hills. I hadn't really intended that many hills...but that's how it ended up. I was pretty tired by the end of it but was able to hold 7:28 pace which I was happy about. I tried lowering my hands a little when I run per Steve's suggestion. On the flat parts it made me feel like I was running more on my toes...maybe that's what it's supposed to do, who knows. On the uphills it felt really uncomfortable so I just kind of ran in a rhthym that felt good and decided to worry about form some other day. I'm tired. Tomorrow will be my 14th day of running without a day off. Because I'll be gone all weekend tomorrow will be a long run. I'm not sure how I'll hold up for 20+ but we'll see. Good news is that I'll have most of the weekend off from running. I'd like to get a few miles in here and there but it'll depend on how my responsibilities shake out with the 1000 teens we're hosting for the conference in Waco.

pluses: great weather, positive mtg with meredith

minuses: tired legs and not enough sleep

No comments: