Sunday, January 25, 2009

rest day

I decided to listen to my body today and take the day off. Brian and I had planned on getting in about 5 miles on the trail for a shake out...but it didn't end up happening. He was out late last night and I was exhausted so neither of us moved before 9am. We thought about running when we woke up, but decided against it. I woke up a couple of times last night from moving my knee the wrong way...so that was a sign for me that I needed a break. I really wanted to hit the 80 mile mark this week because I haven't run that much in a week before, but I know it's more important to give my body a break than it is to chase a number. I ended up having a really good morning with Brian and then a good night with the teens...so all in all I'm satisfied with the day even though no running was involved!

I'm hoping I am ready to go tomorrow because I have plans to meet up with Cindy for a 10 miler in Lakeway.

pluses: good time with teens last night, good turn out tonight, record w/ mileage

minuses: Brian's out of town

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Good job on listening to your body.. you have 12 more weeks to hit your numbers :) You can do it!!