Monday, March 30, 2009

3/30 short run

I tried going for a run again today for the first time in a week or so. I went to a chiropractor this morning to check out my spine and make sure none of the hamstring issues were coming from anything spinal. Good news is that isn't the case. She said it just felt strained. Obviously I don't want to deal with any spine stuff, so that was good. Then Marc did a brief massage this morning and he said that my hamstring felt a lot looser so this was a good sign. I made it for about 15 minutes and those first 15 minutes felt pretty good. Then all at once I felt the tearing/stabbing pain in the tendon and I was done. I did a little walking and a little jogging back to my car, came home, and stretched and iced. I'm going to resort to my last hope on Wednesday which is a deep tissue massage targeting right where it hurts the most. That'll take place on Wednesday, and if Lisa can't work miracles, I'm out for Boston. I'm hoping it'll go well and loosen everything up, but if not I'll be taking off several week and then just going back to base building which will involve many high mileage weeks until I get as fit as I possibly can.

pluses: things are going well at Emmaus

minuses: run didn't go well

No comments: