Thursday, March 5, 2009

discouraged

And the trend continues...one great workout, followed by a sore hamstring, followed by me blowing up at the next workout. From the get-go I felt tight. Started off with the front pack on the rollers. They got a little quick when Steve started rolling will them, and I quickly feel behind. Tried to hang with Kamran for awhile, but struggled there too. Then Mike and Damon flew by...then I started getting pissed. Not at them, of course, just mad at myself...actually not mad, just frustrated. I can't keep yo-yoing back and forth and expect to run well in Boston. I need to be able to consistently work hard...and while my I'm not suffering from a lack of effort...I just can't do what I need to right now and stay healthy. The 2 min on 2 off was decent for the first part...then I fell apart. I went easy and gradually picked it up on the "tempo" part back. Total mileage 13.3. Total pace, including warm-up and cool down: 7:17. Boo.

pluses: time with family

minuses: crappy mood, irritated hammy

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey! This is my department! I have to just tell you what Sadie told me... you show up, you do the work, that is what it takes to succeed. You are a winner :)