Wednesday, March 11, 2009

two more days..then I'M BACK

Two more days of no running. I've been on a mandatory break from Sunday until Thursday. I cheated on Monday (I know, I'm weak) and went out for an easy 4 on the Greenbelt. About a mile and a half into the run I stepped on the edge of a rock and twisted my ankle. It wasn't bad, but it was enough of a sign that my body is saying STOP (and my friends, coach, husband, etc). I've had enough twisted ankles in my basketball life to know this isn't a bad one. It was just a little swollen and sore the past few days, but I think it'll be fine by Friday. I have been going to the gym everyday to work on strengthen my core. Marc has decided that is the root of all of my problems. The weaknesses I have allow my pelvis and hips to not give me an even amount of support on each side, so when I stride out hard or fast with my right leg, it's pulling on my hamstring. I think this break along with continued work in the weight room should take care of the problem. The good news is my attitude about running is becoming positive again, which is much needed. I had some other personal/health issues last week that kept me really preoccupied and I think that added stress made my emotions towards running a bit more out of control than usual. The good news is I had a good doctors appt yesterday and everything is fine...just a minor herniated muscle in my abs. It doesn't hurt, so it's no big deal. I was just freaking out because I didn't know what it was. The rest of the week is going to involve eating right, getting and staying hydrated, and getting enough sleep to have a pain free and hopefully successful 28 miler on Sunday!!

pluses: lunch with C Hall

minuses: traffic, bad driving weather

No comments: