Wednesday, March 4, 2009

semi-off day

I knew today was going to be a busy day so I figured I'd make it my "off" day and just run on Friday. I had an early mtg at Emmaus, followed by another mtg, followed by picking up my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I wasn't sure what there plans were, but I knew we had about 3 hours together until I had to head back to Emmaus. Lucky for me, they wanted to run. We did an easy 4 mile loop at the lake. They're from MI where it is cold, so they were anxious to spend some time outside. I think it was actually a good shake out for me. My hammy is pretty tight from yesterday. It just doesn't seem to be fully healed yet. It was feeling pretty good last week, but then when I pushed the pace yesterday it seemed to revert back to how it felt before. Not horribly bad to the point that I can't run...just sore and tight. I'm meeting up with Marc from SoCo again tomorrow, so maybe he'll have some insight. Looks like my mileage is going to be plenty high this week. Robin and Mindy want to do the 4 mile loop again on Thursday and Friday...so if I do that, tomorrow's rollers, and the Saturday long run...I'll be at 70 miles. Followed by a short shake out run on Sunday, I'll be set on mileage. Hopefully my body takes it well because I'd really like to keep my mileage at 70+ during the quality stage. I don't want to chase a number...but it seems like that'd be a good workload to shoot for!

pluses: time with family

minuses: lots of driving

No comments: