Friday, March 6, 2009

recovery/easy day

I went out for two easy runs today. This first was on the greenbelt with Robin and Mindy. They hadn't run there before and wanted to check it out. We went for an easy run around 4 miles. My hamstring felt pretty good. The run was nice because it was great weather and I enjoyed the company. It was a good reminder of why I love running as opposed to yesterday's debacle. The rest of the morning I didn't have any pain walking around...just a little stiffness. Then this afternoon, per Marc's instructions, I went to the gym to do some of the new exercises he showed me yesterday. After those, he wanted me to do a shake out run and see how my leg felt. Initially, it felt pretty tight. I'd say about a 5 on a pain scale of 1-10 (10 being I can barely walk and 1 being feels like a million bucks). After about 10 minutes it loosened up and the rest of the run was ok. My legs were a little heavy, but all in all it wasn't bad.

pluses: weather, salt lick

minuses: traffic

No comments: