Tuesday, March 17, 2009

post soul buster II

It's been a busy few days since the SBII and unfortunately I haven't had much time to recover. After the run on Sunday I set off for a busy afternoon of wedding stuff with my sister and parents (she's getting married in Sept). It was all successful, but really all I wanted to do was to hang out on the couch on Sunday. Then I was up early on Monday, got in a quick 4 miles (actually it was a really slow four miles) to try and loosen up my legs before heading out towards Marble Falls for the rest of the week for Work Camp with my teens. We've done a variety of jobs from cooking and cleaning to moving rocks, digging trenches, etc. I'm completely wiped out from it. Today I went for a run from the camp that totalled about 8-9 miles. It was really hilly but I kept up a pretty good paces. My running still feels more labored than I think it should and I don't feel like I have a fluid stride. I'm sure some of that is not fully recovering from Sunday's run yet. This is my last week away from the team...then a have a month to get back on track before Boston. Good news is  I get to sleep in a real bed tonight and not work in the morning (I'm back in ATX for a funeral...then back to work camp after that). My plan is to run for an hour tomorrow, Thur, and Friday...and then I'd like to do an actual long run over the weekend. We'll see.

pluses: teens seem to be enjoying work week

minuses: poor nutrition, not enough sleep

No comments: