Saturday, March 28, 2009

20 miler

Bike ride that is :) Since I'm on my non-running recovery, I decided to go for a ride this morning. Brian and I went out Old San Antonio Rd and rode through Buda. It was a great ride and really nice weather. Although I was a little envious of my friends doing the 24 miler this morning, I really enjoyed mixing things up. I have to admit that at first I was really frustrated about the possibility of not running Boston. It was the last thing I wanted to hear when Steve mentioned it last week. But I think I've had some chance to gain a little perspective and realize it's one race in the long term plan. It'd be great to go out and there and run well, but if it's not in the cards then that's not the end of the world. I have been going to South Congress Gym lately and they have a program called Roll 2 Walk. They rehabilitate people with spinal chord injuries to try and help them learn to walk again. Everyday I go to the gym there's someone there working there butt off trying just get out of their wheelchair, so me not being to run for a few weeks is really nothing in the big picture. I think it's just helped me to realize that I am so freaking blessed in life, and while this may be a little bump in the road of my running life...it's not a big deal.

pluses: Katie's bday party, ride with Brian

minuses: not prepared for talk tomorrow

2 comments:

kirsten said...

Great attitude Kristin. It will be your day...maybe not at Boston but very soon!!

Unknown said...

dear sissy,

you are very, very wise and have such a healthy perspective on God's plan for you.

i love you.

kaw