Tuesday, June 30, 2009

booooo

I've been doing a whole lot of nothing lately, or that's how it seems. I've been going to the gym 2-3x a week which really isn't enough. Running has been about 2x a week. Again, not enough. It's been so hard to keep myself motivated to be active when I'm not really capable of working as hard as I want to. I guess I can attribute that to the fact that in general I like to go 110%, and when I can't...well I just don't get anything done. It kind of reminds me of the quote "Go hard or go home." It seems like I've opted with the "go home" mentality. The only issue here is that I still have 5 more months until I can run hard again, so if I do nothing between now I then I have a feeling the comeback will be a little hard. The last few days I've felt pretty crappy, so I haven't been doing much. This weekend I'm out of town, then I'll be gone another week and a half in July. Then 3 weekends in a row in August....so the question becomes when will I get back into a routine?!?! Even if it's a super-modified, low intensity, routine.

The one positive thought is that last time I was chatting with Steve he reminded me that up until June of 2008, I did next to nothing to train for marathons. Then in around 8 months I already had my goal time down to 2:55....so hopefully the same pattern follows and I can get back into running quickly.

Ok, time to quite complaining. Good news is I think I'm going to get a treadmill this afternoon so then I can run even if it's 110 degrees outside. Other good news, we find out in 6 days if the baby is a boy or a girl!

pluses: above

minuses: further up

1 comment:

MW said...

Jeez, louise.
Would you like some cheesee with all that whine?

LOL!
; )