Thursday, July 9, 2009

update

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy. We have a big trip coming up this weekend so I've been kind of busy getting ready for that. Over the 4th, Brian and I went to Mason to spend some time with my parents. It was really relaxing...at least for my mom and me :) Brian and my dad did quite a bit of work out in the pasture, so I'm sure they didn't get in as much r and r as we did. We did take a few nice walks. It's always a nice change of scenery. I will say that I was having really strong desires to go on like a fifteen mile trail run...but I don't think that would've been the best idea :) I have done a few more runs with Katie J which has been nice. When I went on Tuesday I had a lot less back pain which was very encouraging. I also got some orthotics so I am working on getting used to those. Today was another intense walk around the neighborhood. I didn't go until 11am, so it was pretty warm.

In other super exciting news, we did find out that we're having a baby girl :) It was so cool to see the sonogram. Last time we had one you basically were looking at a little blob with a heartbeat. This time you could see her little feet and hands and face. It was really neat! Also, her little legs were going up and down like crazy. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that she was running in place....just getting in some early miles :) I'm super excited about being able to start getting her some things (and letting other people spoil her) now that we know it's a girl. Name wise, we're almost 100% sure we're going with Skyler Jane.

pluses: baby is good, Steubenville trip this weekend

minuses: 12 hr bus ride

No comments: