Thursday, June 11, 2009

16wk check-up and weightlifting

Today Brian and I went to the doctor for the baby's 16 week checkup. Everything seems to be going well so far. We got to hear the heartbeat again and it's at 140. I always start laughing when the doctor tries to find the heartbeat which apparently makes it harder. Apparently a lot of women cry the first time they hear it....maybe somethings wrong with me :) I talked to the dr. a bit about my lower back pain when I run and she suggested wearing running tights up to my bellybutton....ha ha ha ha. Now that would be HOT! I'm not sure whether I'm willing to give it a try. I guess she was just saying it would offer more support. We also scheduled our ultrasound for July 6th. So that's when we'll know the sex...woo hoo!

In my exercise life, I've been good about going to the gym. I've been doing my workout from Marc every other day and trying to focus on strengthening my abs and back...and everything else too. I've also been walking. I feel lame saying that, but oh well. I walked about 3 miles yesterday. It was like 100 degrees outside (at least it felt like it) when I went, so I at least broke a sweat. I'm going to walk again this afternoon and meet a friend to go for a slow jog tomorrow. I'm hoping that goes well.

pluses: good appt

minuses: no running :(

No comments: