Sunday, June 21, 2009

last few days

Last Thursday I met up with Katie J and we did a 6 miler. It was pretty humid, but overall I felt good. It was nice catching up with her too, so I was glad I got up early to get the run out of the way before the second to last day of vacation bible school.

Friday was an off day. I was beat from VBS, and directly after it was over I drove to Houston for some family time this weekend. We had a bridal shower for my sister, and also ended up getting to spend some good quality time with my dad for Father's Day.

Saturday was a short 3-4 miler with my sister. It was pretty hot by the time we got started so it wasn't the most pleasant run. We also did some lunges, squats, and core work after the run.

Today I went for a 7-8 mile bike ride with my dad. I rode my mom's hybrid bike which was pretty funny. I guess I've gotten to be a road bike snob :) After the bike ride, we went to the neighborhood pool and I swam some laps and did some water aerobics moves with my mom :) It's funny how much my workout life has decreased in intensity, but it's probably a good place for me to be right now.

pluses: dad

minuses: time away from Brian

No comments: