Friday, June 12, 2009

town lake run

I met up with my friend Molly today to run around the lake. We were planning on going around 9 minute pace so I figured it'd be a good test to see if my back is any better. After the first 4 or 5 miles, it wasn't too bad...but by the time the 7th mile came around I was pretty sore. I guess this is at least an indication that maybe I can get back to some running, but just shorter distances. I'd be ok with running 3-4 miles twice a day. The sad part is this probably means no more Team Rogue stuff for awhile. It just doesn't really seem to make sense for me to get up at 4:50am to go run 3-4 miles when everyone else is out to do 10-14 miles. I may still try to go to some workouts, but I have a feeling that it won't be long before I'm running with some of my more laid back running friends :) There doesn't seem to be to many people in our group who are "laid back" about running. I guess that's why I'll miss them!

pluses: catching up with old college friend

minuses: lots of small projects to do around house

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you need running partners lemme know. I'm not serious or running fast and think I can run a 9min pace;-) You look great!