Wednesday, April 29, 2009

day 3 of lydiard

Consistency, here I come. 3 days of running in a row. Total mileage...13.5 :) That's just over a 1/2 marathon...I must be Ethiopian or something..ha ha.

In all seriousness, it may not seem like much but it feels great to be running regularly again! Paces are slow...and I still feel really out of shape...but I'm hoping that will come back in a few weeks. Today I ran 6 miles at around 8 minute pace. Afterwards, I did some drills and strides. My hamstring is still tender from the massage, but it doesn't bother me when I run. It's more just beat up (tender to the touch) but on the strides I felt like I was getting to a pretty high speed and I didn't feel any pain at all, so that's a huge plus.

pluses: time with old friends

minuses: lazy!

No comments: