Monday, April 13, 2009

back running...kind of

I went on two easy runs in the last two days. Yesterday, I went for 20 minutes around my neighborhood. I hadn't planned to try to run for another week or so...but it's honestly making me crazy not too...so I decided to test it out. I felt pretty good. Brian went with me and we kept the pace really slow. It was nice to just get out and jog and break a sweat. My hamstring didn't hurt...so that was good. I definitely don't feel "strong" at all, but I think slow easy jogging for short distances is a good start. I'm hoping that if I keep this up, and work hard on strengthening exercises, then my hamstring will continue to heal.

Today I ran on the greenbelt for 30 minutes. This is always nice because I'm not a great trail runner... so the terrain forces me to slow myself down. Again, no pain. I don't feel like I could just start running really fast. I'm still timid, cautious, and scared about hurting it...but that's probably a good place to be because it should help me come back slowly.

pluses: exercising!

minuses: nutrition

No comments: