Thursday, April 23, 2009

trying to get back in the saddle

I ran two out of the last three days...not too bad :) Because I'm not on some crazy running schedule, it's been hard for me to fit it in. When I know I have to run a 14 mile run...it's easy to get up and get it done because I know I won't have any other time during the day to fit it in. Since I'm running super low mileage now, I feel like I keep putting it off and not getting it in...like today.

On Tuesday I had my longest run since March 21st. I ran a whole 7 miles. Woo hoo! It really sucks how long it takes to get in really good shape, and then how quickly you lose it. I felt like I was struggling the whole 7 miles. The only plus was that it was around 95 out...so I'm hoping some of the suffering was attributed to the heat. Yesterday my legs were pretty sore from the run. I ran at about 8 minute pace so it wasn't too slow...but not too fast either. My hamstring is sore, but both of them are so I think it's just because I'm not used to running...not because I'm still hurt. Yesterday I did an easy 3.5 shake out run. It was a bit slower, but still hard because of the heat. I need to start running in the mornings again! I wasn't feeling too good this morning so I slept in...and got pretty busy in Lakeway so I didn't get to run. Oh well...there's always tomorrow. After this week I'm back on the lydiard build...starting with 25-27 miles in week one :) Hey, you gotta start somewhere!

pluses: dinner with friends tonight

minuses: still not feeling 100%

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that can't get in an easy run;-)

Glad you're feeling better!