Thursday, July 23, 2009

cravings

So one of the most common questions I've been asked about being pregnant is what weird cravings I've had. As far as food goes, none really. I guess I'm not that exciting when it comes to different foods. That's probably a good thing, otherwise I may be a bit larger :)

The one thing I have been craving like crazy is running! I've had a lot of people around me talking about running. Although I don't see my Rogue friends as much, there seem to be more people around me who are getting into running. A few women i my office decided to train for a half. I have some other friends who have been calling to ask questions about running or see if I want to meet up with them to run. While I'm not totally disabled at this point, it's just not the same as before! I'm craving a 20 mile long run on a sunny Saturday morning, a run through scenic and balcones, maybe even a run where I look down at my watch as we finish and realize our last 4 miles were around 6:40 pace. I've also really been craving the race environment. Walking up to the starting line with the nervous butterflies, checking the pace band, my watch, goo, electrolytes, etc...just waiting for those last few minutes to pass by before the gun goes off and the work begins. I really want that! I guess for now I'll have to settle for my treadmill at home and my walks in the neighborhood.

The plan is to be back racing in April. Maybe, if things go well with the pregnancy, I'll enter the Austin 1/2 or Full....obviously I wouldn't be in "pr" shape, but it'll be good to be back out there. To those of you who are working hard and putting in many many miles, enjoy it!

pluses: dinner with Laura tonight

minuses: can't chaperon work camp next week

No comments: