Thursday, January 21, 2010

getting back in the swing of things

So it's been kind of an up and down journey in my running life the past few weeks. The bottom line is that "mommy life" takes up a lot more time and energy than I have, so running life gets pushed aside a bit. I have realized that on the days I do make time to run, it ends up being a better day. I'm going to be tired and short on time no matter what, but at least if I run I can check that off of the list of things I want to get done for that day.

Today I ran for the third time this week. 3 out of 4 days isn't bad. I ran with Katie this morning. We met at the first st bridge and ran over to congress, up congress, and through campus to 24th. After 2.25 miles we turned around and headed back the way we came. It was a nice run. Great weather.

I'm hoping to meet up with some people from the team this weekend for a long run. Granted it'll be about 1/3 of what their long run will be, but I thought it'd be good to get back in the running community to help me get motivated again!

pluses: nice weather

minuses: long day, class, lots of time away from skye :(

No comments: