Friday, December 4, 2009

skylar is here and i'm ready to run

So I am officially not pregnant (haven't been for 2 weeks) and have a beautiful baby girl to show for it! Skylar Jane was born on Nov 20th at 12:06pm. I know I have a very biased opinion, but she's kind of the cutest thing ever. After a short, painful, drug-free delivery, I'm on the road to recovery to start running again. I'll spare everyone the details, but the doctor is asking me to wait at least another week (maybe two) before I start running again. I'm ok to walk, so it's back to that for a bit. The only tricky part is going to be figuring out how/when to start running again with Skylar's schedule. Right now she likes to eat at 1:30am and 5am. Hopefully she'll be able to spread those times out as she gets a little older so I can just feed her once in the middle of the night. She's only 2 weeks now, so I'll cut her a little slack. We do have a sassy bob running stroller so she can go with me in Dec as I start gradually running again. I'm hoping to join back up with Rogue in January once I go back to work and get on a regular schedule. It'll be interesting to figure out how to get in my run and get myself and Skylar ready to go and get to Lakeway at a decent hour...but we'll see how it goes! Right now I'm just enjoying time with the little one and looking forward to getting back on the road!

pluses: baby :) , lost 22 pounds in 2 weeks

minuses: tired!

No comments: