Thursday, July 8, 2010

good running week

Since I've been trying to ramp up the mileage I've noticed the thing I'm really missing is consistency on the 'non-rogue' days. I am pretty good about getting up to run on Tues, Thur, and Sat...but I know I can't build mileage running 3 days a week :) Today makes 6 days of running in a row which for me right now, is big! I ran an easy 5 around the lake with Skylar on Monday to start of the week. On Tuesday I ran 10 with the group and actually felt good enough to have a bit of a close! Woo hoo!

Yesterday I met up with my friend Tim and some people he knows (turns out they were gazelles, ahhh!) and ran 8. I did a good job of talking up how amazing team rogue is :) Then today I needed to go a bit longer since we have a youth conference all weekend. I wore my garmin which I haven't been doing...but of course I forgot to turn it on between two water stops so I think I ended up with about 17, maybe a little less. That's my longest run post baby so it was good to get it out of the way. I'm not sure how much running I'll be able to get in while I'm gone. Tonight we have an overnight bus trip, then we bus overnight on Sunday to come back super early on Monday morning. I have a feeling I'll be pretty wiped out so sleeping might win out over any intense running, but I'm hoping to get a few miles in here or there.

pluses: family dinner tonight

minuses: not going to be with skye all weekend

No comments: